Fortunately it is not all doom and gloom and we can reclaim our dewy with a few products and a few tricks.
1. Stay hydrated. Keeping our bodies hydrated is important to flush out all the toxins. The first place that shows a build up is our skin, so if we want to keep it clear looking keep up your intake of water. I drink alkaline water - Kangen water - and I swear by it. It is not only alkaline but it also contains hydrogen ions that act as an anti oxidant to fight the free radicals in your body that cause it to age.
2. Use Retinol products. They can help speed up production of new skin cells and collagen production. A few of my favourites Sunday Riley Good Genes , Chantecaille Retinol Intense and Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel. ( I swear by the Dr Dennis Gross peel pads. They leave my skin looking brighter instantly! I use them twice a week. ) Used in conjunction with Glycolic products which slough the dead skin cells and leave the skin looking brighter.
3. Use cream products on your skin instead of powders. Powders on the skin as we age tends to settle in the lines and exaggerate them , leaving the skin looking dry. If you have to use a setting powder over your foundation I prefer to use a very light no pigment powder that doesn't cake. My two favourites are the Mac Prep & Prime powder in the compact and By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder.
For blushers I use Hourglass Illume Sheer Colour Trio. This pack has a cheek blush, bronzer (which I often use as a blush ) and a highlighter all in one. Perfect for keeping the skin looking dewy. Another fave is the RMS Beauty Lip2cheek , which as it says can be used on lips too.
4. Mix a tinted moisturiser and a foundation together. This is my winning combo these days. I was finding that my foundation was making me look old. It just wasn't sitting right on my face - and I had tried 3 different foundations to see if it was the formulas but they all made my face look dull. So I decided to mix in my tinted moisturiser one day. The tinted moisturiser was just not lasting enough on its own anymore. I would find by lunch time it had all but disappeared and I was reapplying ... so it was sat with all the other unused beauty products in my bathroom until I stumbled on the winning formula. Now I get comments on my skin and I swear it is because of these two products together. I use Shu Uemura Petal Skin and Eve Lom Tinted Moisturiser. And for the record, I have no problem mixing different products with different brands. Sometimes there are no rules!
5. Use serums and oils on your face. Because serums are made up of finer molecules and penetrate deeper into the skin to do their magic. And oils hydrate the skin deeper too and leave it looking more plump and juicy. Try the Darphin range of oils... chamomile and the 8 Flower Nectar are divine. ( My last blog post talks about them ) or Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil .
And serums... Drunk Elephant C Firma Day Serum , Codage Serum No.1 Intense Moisturising Serum & Nude Skincare ProGenius Omega Treatment Milk.
(scroll over products for deets. :)